Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

POSTING #147



APOLOGIES ARE IN ORDER

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to prepare a Posting for May 27th as I had promised.

As we used to say in Arthur after a tough hockey game, I was ‘out of poof’.

Preparations for the War of 1812 Bicentennial, and some family activities completely overwhelmed me and I just wasn’t able to focus on the blog.

The next few months are going to be hectic as we mark the Declaration of War in mid-June and then get ready to commemorate the Battle of Queenston Heights and the death of General Brock in October.

Given all of that, I think it is unrealistic for me to try to have a new Posting each Sunday between now and mid-October.

However, I have a long list of blog subjects, and whenever I have some spare time I will upload a Posting.

You may wish to log on from time to time to see if there is anything new. Or, if you wish you could give me your email address and I will send you a note whenever a new Posting is uploaded. johnpathunter@gmail.com.

We'll see you from time to time this summer!

000

I tried to find the expression ‘out of poof’ in some dictionaries, but no luck. I decided it must be an ‘Arthurism’ but then Google found this comment from a woman in a support forum for pregnant women:

“anyone else huffin and puffin when they're fairly active?

i'm so out of poof! i wish i lived in a rambler. house work day, up and down the stairs, vacumming, and laundry and cleaning the kitchen with steam mop and dishes. nothing out of the ordinary, or too strenuous, but i felt out of breath by the end of it. i gotta lay off those potato chips.. i'm sweatin' like a sinner in church.

anyone else struggling with daily activies while pregnant?”

Google is fun!!

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Note:

In Posting #8 in the companion Icewine Guru Blog, the Guru offers his prediction on the US Supreme Court decision on the health care mandate. He and the Professor and their wives then discuss religion and politics. If you would like to read the Posting, please click on: http://theicewineguru.blogspot.ca/


No comments: